Lisa Gimenez-Codd is a Mum of 2 boys, personal trainer, female health coach, Pilates coach and owner of OptiMum Health.
She is also a woman who's experienced a number of diets and exercise fads, along with the body image demons that befall us all....so what qualifies her to coach other women on being happy in the best version of themselves?
I always think it helps to know at least a little about someone you're going to work with, so here goes:
Who is Lisa Gimenez-Codd?
I am an OptiMum…..errrr actually, no I’m not, but I aspire to be.
I have always loved being active. At one point though, my work life completely took over – exercise went out of the window, nutrition became whatever I could grab.
Result: I put on weight, frequently caught viruses, my asthma flared up. I was so focussed on my career that, whilst I was unhappy with the condition I was in, I felt powerless to change the effects.
Then I had my first baby. Life changed.
Over the next few years, I worked at fitting exercise back in around the children, but with a hip issue aggravated by two pregnancies, what I needed fitness-wise was completely different.
My own journey inspired me to retrain as a Female Health & Exercise Coach.
Now, 10 years on, I train 2-3 times a week (depending on the children), eat healthy most of the time, and enjoy chocolate now and again....well, most days actually.
I specialise in:
- coaching women to be the healthiest, happiest version of themselves
- post-natal restoration & recovery, including pelvic floor restoration & recovery from diastasis recti
- peri-menopause and menopause nutrition & training
Helping you to feel great, look amazing and enjoy whichever stage of your womanhood journey you're currently at.
Find out about our training options by clicking the button below:
About Lisa's Credentials
My current qualifications include:
- Advanced Personal Trainer
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
- Mat Pilates
- Exercise Referral
- Exercise for Management of Lower Back Pain Specialist
- Pre & Post Natal Exercise
- Nutrition & Coaching for pre & post menopause
- Nutrition & Coaching for pre & post hysterectomy
(Levels refer to accreditation level by Register of Exercise Professionals and represent the current highest level achievable in each discipline)
Other qualifications include:
- The Ultimate Back with Stuart McGill 2012
- Fat Loss & Performance Seminar with Phil Learney 2013
- Faster Specialist in Functional Therapy 2013
- Phil Richards Certification in the Science of Fat Loss 2014
- plus the following 4 qualifications from the fabulous Burrell Education